cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Converting CC translation strings from Transifex to PHP-usable format

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Maarten Zeinstra <mz AT kl.nl>
  • To: Tarmo Toikkanen <tarmo.toikkanen AT iki.fi>
  • Cc: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org devel" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Converting CC translation strings from Transifex to PHP-usable format
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 10:56:31 +0100

Hi Tarmo,

Could you elaborate? I can easily download the strings in one language useable using the PHP gettext functionality.

If you are looking to replace the paramaters that CC build in like: %(lookup_uri)s you would have to build something yourrself because that is part of the python framework that is used. It would be relatively simple to create a script that goes through every line in the .po file and replaces %(..)s with something in an array.

I don't seem to be able to find where they replace these in the python files on github though.

Best,

Maarten

Hi developers!

Is someone aware of a nice library or script that can convert CC translation strings from Transifex to a format usable in PHP’s i18n framework? Specifically the placeholders are marked differently in the Transifex strings and in PHP, so they need to be rewritten. Is there a tool to do this already?

--
Tarmo Toikkanen