cc-devel - [cc-devel] Missing machine readable notice statement in all CC4.0 licenses

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Maarten Zeinstra <mz AT kl.nl>
  • To: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org devel" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Antoine Isaac <aisaac AT few.vu.nl>
  • Subject: [cc-devel] Missing machine readable notice statement in all CC4.0 licenses
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 00:30:45 +0100

Hi all,

Recently I’ve been working with Antoine Isaac (in cc) from Europeana on the machine readability of the deed pages of the 4.0 licenses. Antoine noticed that the RDF attached to the attribution license (and all other licenses) was not in sync with the separate RDF file.

Compare:

The latter has a cc:requires cc:Notice which is missing in the former.

The consequence of this is that machine readers could get confused because there are contradicting sources. Also software based on this standard could produce wrong information.

To fix this problem we propose to move the the rdfa of cc:Attribution and add a cc:Notice RDFa tag. We’ve created a pull request that details this change here: https://github.com/creativecommons/creativecommons.org/pull/18

What do you guys think of this change request? Did we overlook something and is this the most elegant way to fix this problem?

Many thanks to Antoine for pointing this out and working on a fix with me.

Cheers,

Maarten

--
Kennisland