cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Using liblicense and exiv2 togther

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Jonas Öberg <jonas AT coyote.org>
  • To: Anhad Jai Singh <ffledgling AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Using liblicense and exiv2 togther
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 13:25:21 +0200

Hi Anhad!

That's a wonderful project, and one I'm very supportive of. I'm
working on a similar project, so we should exchange notes and see how
we can work together.

You can read more about my work here:

http://jonasoberg.net/post/40906740451/bachelor-master-thesis-opportunity
http://jonasoberg.net/post/40518443141/embedded-metadata-for-digital-works

As you've noted, liblicense is not actively maintained and I would
personally not encourage its active use at this point. It would be
interesting to see some further development of it though, and I
believe that there is a need for such a library generally.

Sincerely,
Jonas