cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Metadata scraper roadmap

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Dan Mills <dan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: BjornW <burobjorn AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Metadata scraper roadmap
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 11:13:22 -0800

Hey all,

Obviously, we got off on the wrong foot. I didn't realize there was an active community, but it's fantastic that there is!  So, I propose:

* Let's get together on some real-time medium so we can get to know each other and hear where everyone is coming from. G+ Hangout? Or at least, IRC (I'm dmills on #cc)
* I've been working in Google Docs, which unfortunately is default-private. I will start to put thoughts on the wiki, beginning with how I'm structuring and prioritizing the tasks ahead.

I agree with you that we need to invest in CC's technical infrastructure, though I also think we have some hard choices to make if we want to be more successful. I'm eager to hear what you all think.

Dan