cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Creating a CC-wordpress theme for affiliates

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT gondwanaland.com>
  • To: burobjorn AT gmail.com
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Creating a CC-wordpress theme for affiliates
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 12:27:15 -0800

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 6:11 AM, BjornW <burobjorn AT gmail.com> wrote:
> You're more than welcome. Perhaps someday we can offer a hosted
> WordPress Multisite for all affiliates, so they don't have to worry
> about maintenance at all :)

There has been a WordPress MU setup for many years. I don't think it
has been promoted to affiliates in at least a few years, and only a
few (off the top of my head, Colombia) use it.

I gather that since I looked (um, many years) that "child themes" make
ability to offer customization that might make MU hosting more
attractive in a relatively maintainable fashion.

Mike