cc-devel - [cc-devel] Creating a CC-wordpress theme for affiliates

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: mz AT kl.nl
  • To: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-devel] Creating a CC-wordpress theme for affiliates
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 01:16:30 +0100

Hi all,

Creative Commons Netherlands has the last few months been working on a branch of the CC Wordpress theme to make it available for affiliates sites.

I've stripped all unnecessary code from the theme that had to do with making the theme consistent with other products of CC.org. I've created a new blog page that holds three informational widgets in the top, which can be modified using the widget options of Wordpress and I've used a menu plugin instead of the hardcoded menu's of CC.org's theme. I've asked a local developer to style the new drop down and to make some small adjustment for making the site workable for smaller displays.

You can see the theme live on www.creativecommons.nl

The next couple of days/weeks I am going to create some documentation for installing this theme and I will put the code online in the repository (as soon as I find out how).

Take a look at the theme and if you see something not working, please throw me an email.

Cheers,

Maarten

--
Kennisland