cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] where-to-start

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Christopher Allan Webber <cwebber AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Stas Sușcov <stas AT nerd.ro>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] where-to-start
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 17:15:57 -0600

There are some good suggestions on ways to help there, as well as on
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Developer_Challenges (sadly not updated
in a while).

I think the best thing that can be done for now is to build CC licensing
tools into your favorite program. For example, we have a plugin for
openoffice, there are several for wordpress, and OpenAttribute for
firefox, etc. I'm struggling to think of python-specific applications
that are in most need of CC licensing help at the moment, though.

- Chris

PS: If you really are interested in helping, you could help assist with
fixing bugs in our website and etc:
http://code.creativecommons.org/issues/

I suspect that's not very exciting! But if you are interested, feel
free to join us in channel #cc on irc.freenode.net

Good luck and have fun!

- Chris