cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] CC web services downtimes?

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Wendy J Bossons <wbossons AT mit.edu>
  • Cc: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] CC web services downtimes?
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 18:18:24 -0500

Hi Wendy,

We have software (Nagios) that monitors most all of our web services,
including the API. We haven't been notified of any outages, and
looking back and availability reports I can't see any downtime for API
in the last month. Of course, that isn't a 100% guarantee that there
hasn't been some issue with the API, but is probably at least warrants
checking a bit more on your end for some specific information.

* What is an example time frame where you notice an issue. I can
perhaps browse through some logs for those specific times.

* Is there any other indicators that the problem may have been on the
CC site, other than the fact that license data wasn't set during some
random periods?

Thanks,

Nathan