cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] CC on WordPress

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Jay Collier <jay.collier AT thecompass.com>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] CC on WordPress
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 15:31:17 -0400

Hi Jay,

The wplicense plugin is one that CC produced. I'll look into making
it 3.0 compatible. I'll let you know in the next day or two. This
plugin, for the avoidance of confusion:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wplicense/

Also of possible interest is a plugin being developed for us by a
Google Summer of Code student:

http://labs.creativecommons.org/2010/05/24/gsoc-project-introduction-cc-wordpress-plugin/

We are starting by adding CC licensing options to the media manager.
But I hope that the second half of the summer can be used to reproduce
what wplicense does: allowing someone to license an entire site at
once.

Nathan