cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Developer Challenges - OpenOffice Plugin Updates

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Akila Wajirasena <akila.wajirasena AT gmail.com>
  • To: Nathan Yergler <nathan AT creativecommons.org>, cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Developer Challenges - OpenOffice Plugin Updates
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 06:33:09 +0530

Hello Nathan,

I have worked on what you asked for the OO.o plug in in the wiki. I have sucessfully compiled it to be used in OO.o 3.1 and there is a little problem that if I add the menu item inside the insert menu using this xml phrase in addons.xcu (what you have used before)

<value>.uno:InsertMenu\.uno:InsertDoc</value>

the CC menu become inactive in impress and calc. So  I put the menu after Insert menu in the menu bar. This hapens because the .uno:InsertDoc (File) menu is not present in the calc and impress.

<prop oor:name="MergeFallback">
                <value>AddPath</value>
         </prop>

will add the menu item but it become inactive when .uno:InsertDoc (File)is not there.

I have tried to add the support to drow and i have put the license successfully but the alignments should be done.

Then I added a link to FAQ in your site in the insert license dialogbox because I felt most of the people are not aware about the usage of CC (from my own experience :) and things like this https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/cc-devel/2010-April/001492.html ).

So here is my list of successions for the OO.o plugin

  1. Supporting OO.o 3.1 (I have compiled it using 3.1 SDK but need to remove some deprecated classes and do any other improvements )
  2. Adding support for CC0.
  3. Support for draw (I have put the license but the alignments should be made to put it in the bottom right corner (or any other place as you request) .
  4. Adding references to important pages like FAQ about (I have roughly done it in the current add in) and a method to show what is each license is ex "what is Share Alike".
  5. If possible, speed up the first time license insertion process (). (In here i think I'll need your help very much).
  6. Internationalization.
  7. Adding  CC logos in to plug-in.
I have listed them in the way I felt that they are useful. I would like to know your idea about them. So i can put them in a proper order of importance. (and probably the most possible ones first).
--
Regards