cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] [GSoC] CC Publisher refresh

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Akshay Kumar <akshaykumar90 AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] [GSoC] CC Publisher refresh
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 23:46:02 +0530

Hello.

I have gone through the perceived goals for this GSoC project on the ideas page. I looked around documentation and other relevant sources, and I wanted to discuss/make-sure-I-am-on-the-right-path a few points.

- We are basically giving an overhaul to the P6 framework underlying the CcPublisher application. This includes bumping up the version of python and wxpython to their latest stable builds.

- The p6.metadata functionality has to be replaced by the new and better liblicense for embedding tasks.

- Simplification of plugin model by stripping down ZCML registration, but otherwise the rest of the framework will still use ZCML for configuration (am I right?). Instead of ZCML, we can use something pythonic, more like what Django does for configuration. It uses simple python files. This will make the registration process simpler (hopefully).

I will be submitting a first draft of the proposal very soon. I just thought that I should mention some of the points worth discussing here. Looking forward for your feedback.

Akshay