cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] GSOC-OOo Plugin Update

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: kushal <kushal.iiita AT gmail.com>
  • To: Nathan Yergler <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] GSOC-OOo Plugin Update
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 03:51:44 +0200

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your reply. It really cleared my lot of doubts and helped me to give clear path for my project. Anyways, about the idea which you commented, I replied inline.

> To embed a cc logo in the OOo plugin for ex: Prohibiting Commercial Use
> (!$), Require Share alike, Allow Remixing.

I don't know what that means; embedding icons in the document
depending on the license selected?

I don't want to put in the document, I want to put in the plugin, Anyways  Leave it, I figured it out later, it will make our plugin bulky :(

> Sometime users only wish to have cc plugin only for let say writer, so
> during installation, we will give an option to exclude for which you don't
> want to include the plugin, By Default it will be install for Writer,
> Impress, Calc & Draw**

That doesn't seem very important to me. If the user doesn't want to us
it in Impress, etc, they can ignore it ;).  Additionally, I'm not sure
that plugins can present that sort of installation dialog, can they?

I have to try in OpenOffice by writing a small plugin, But in MS Plugin, It do give an option. Also your above point is correct. So I'm leaving this.

Apart from the feature listed in CC website and my proposed idea in the previous mail. If there is some thing else which you like to see in the plugin then please update me, so that I can finalize my proposal.

Thanks for co-operation,
Kushal Keshri
irc nick: d00b
web: http://sites.google.com/site/kushaliiita/