cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] GSoC 2010, proposal for adding CC licenses in WordPress Media Manager

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Nathan Yergler <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Stas Sușcov <stas AT nerd.ro>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] GSoC 2010, proposal for adding CC licenses in WordPress Media Manager
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:49:59 -0700

Hi Stas,

See my previous email to the list for some thoughts on the WordPress
plugin. I think the one thing that I'm not quite clear on below is
your final point:

* Add settings option where user will be able to define a default type
of license which will be applied in case of fast publishing. Or, maybe
choose some license types which will be used and skip (not show) the
whole list.

Is that specifying a license for blog posts? We have a plugin
(http://wiki.creativecommons.org/WpLicense) that allows you to select
a license for your blog that seems to overlap with this. (This could
be another project -- improving that plugin and making it support
additional features like per-post licensing, etc.) Am I
misunderstanding?

Overall looks like a good overview; feel free to email any other
questions or clarifications you need.

Nathan