cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Creative Commons Image using web service api

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: John Doig <john AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Wendy J Bossons <wbossons AT MIT.EDU>
  • Cc: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Creative Commons Image using web service api
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 09:39:56 -0700

Hi Wendy,

There are currently no API methods that deal with the license badges solely, but I think I have a straightforward suggestion for you.

Here are the URLS to all of the images...
http://i.creativecommons.org/l/%license-code%/3.0/88x31.png
http://i.creativecommons.org/l/zero/1.0/88x31.png
http://i.creativecommons.org/l/publicdomain/88x31.png

By iterating over the list of license codes you can generate the URL for each license. CC0 and Public Domain will be edge cases however, and will need to be hard codes in your repository.

Note that you can replace "88x31" with "80x15" in any of the above URLs for a slimmer, smaller icon.

As for a page discussing each license in detail: http://creativecommons.org/about/licenses/.

Regards,
John Doig