cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Developer Challenges - OpenOffice Plugin Updates

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Nathan Yergler <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Akila Wajirasena <akila.wajirasena AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Developer Challenges - OpenOffice Plugin Updates
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 10:40:41 -0800

Hi Akila,

Creative Commons will be applying to be part of GSoC this year (the
application period for organizations opens in a couple hours). The
OOo Plugin update was a project in last year's GSoC but did not
complete successfully, so it still needs work. I think that for us to
accept it for GSoC this year, the student will need to demonstrate
existing knowledge of the OOo SDK, since that seems to be a large part
of why the project did not succeed last year.

Feel free to ask any other questions you have here, or on the #cc IRC
channel on freenode.

Nathan