cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] CC 1.5 and embedding RDF

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Nathan Yergler <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Wendy Bossons <wbossons AT mit.edu>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] CC 1.5 and embedding RDF
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 07:28:47 -0800

license is one of the reserved values in RDFa, as it's defined in the
XHTML namespace; see http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax/#relValues for a
list of these values. It's implicit that license is in the XHTML
namespace, and any conforming RDFa processor will return a fully
qualified URI in that namespace.

You could do cc:license, but these days it's declared to be the same
of xhtml:license. Additionally, it appears that some search engines
do not use conforming processors to index CC licensed content, instead
looking for rel="license", so using a different namespace will impact
how they index your content.

Nathan

>>> xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#";