cc-devel - [cc-devel] Added license information support on Evince

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Juan José Marín Martínez <juanj.marin AT juntadeandalucia.es>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-devel] Added license information support on Evince
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 00:31:43 +0100 (CET)

Hi CC-developers,

I added some basic license support for PDF documents on Evince [1], a document
viewer for multiple document formats from the GNOME desktop.

The metadata I check for this is:

1) xmpRights:Marked
2) dc:rights
3) cc:license
4) xmpRights:WebStatement

However, I'm not quite sure if I've done the right thing because I've found
confusing information on the CC Wiki pages.

On one hand, we are told to mark PDF files with dc:rights [2], but on another
hand, we are told to use xmpRights:UsageTerms for this [3].

What should I do ? .... And well, I think that the template or the XMP
instructions must be changed accordingly.

TIA,

-- Juanjo Marín

[1]
http://git.gnome.org/cgit/evince/commit/?id=516c4e3273b664ee2b10d6348d3484726f4461fd

[2]
http://creativecommons.org/license/xmp?q_1=2&q_1=1&field_commercial=yes&field_derivatives=yes&field_jurisdiction=us&field_format=&field_worktitle=&field_attribute_to_name=&field_attribute_to_url=&field_sourceurl=&field_morepermissionsurl=&lang=en_US&language=en_US&n_questions=3
This link is on http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Marking/Creators , on the
instructions for PDF files.

[3] http://wiki.creativecommons.org/XMP