cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] How to parse CC license XMP metadata ?

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Hubert Figuiere <hub AT figuiere.net>
  • To: Juan José Marín Martínez <juanj.marin AT juntadeandalucia.es>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] How to parse CC license XMP metadata ?
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 19:32:49 -0400

On 06/01/2009 07:15 PM, Juan José Marín Martínez wrote:

I'm not sure
what your question is WRT to the rdf:li/rdf:Alt/etc; are you just
asking where xapRights:WebStatement should be located?

Sorry for my cryptical message :). What I was asking for is about the location
of the license text:

<rdf:Description rdf:about=''
xmlns:dc='http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/'>
<dc:rights>
<rdf:Alt>
<rdf:li xml:lang='x-default'>This work is licensed under a Creative
Commons Reconocimiento 3.0 Estados Unidos License.</rdf:li>
</rdf:Alt>
</dc:rights>
</rdf:Description>

This is a human readable Dublin Core "rights".

The XMP specification documents it as such:
"Informal rights statement, selected by language."

So this example is correct.

The XMP Specification is the one provided by Adobe.

Hub