cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] liblicense-0.8.1

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Asheesh Laroia <asheesh AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Sebastian Pipping <webmaster AT hartwork.org>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] liblicense-0.8.1
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 12:14:57 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 6 Mar 2009, Sebastian Pipping wrote:

Asheesh Laroia wrote:
For me (on Ubuntu), it sure does give output. Have you tried killing
nautilus on your system (you may already have a Nautilus process
running) and starting a fresh one?

I ran:

paulproteus@vellum:~ $ killall nautilus
paulproteus@vellum:~ $ strace -f nautilus 2>&1 | fgrep extensions | less

Good point, I didn't think of that. With that hint and the patch
removing <nautilus_file_info_get_vfs_file_info> from 0.4.3 applied
against nautilus-python-0.5.0 I was able to get a nautilus-python
example running.

Great!

Still, I think that you should be able to move forward. I hope we can
work through this!

I'm at a point now where the errors I get are coming from liblicense
related code, concrete I get

File "[..]/nautilus-liblicense.py", line 81, in get_property_pages

(without further details?). That line which reads

self.box = LicenseWidget(license)

It would be interesting what combination of versions is working well
together for you. I am playing with

nautilus 2.22.5.1
nautilus-python 0.5.0
liblicense 0.8.1
liblicense-gnome 0.4

here at the moment. Used ebuilds (except nautilus) are up here:

http://git.goodpoint.de/?p=overlay-sping.git;a=tree;f=gnome-extra;hb=HEAD
http://git.goodpoint.de/?p=overlay-sping.git;a=tree;f=media-libs;hb=HEAD

Unfortunately I have to admit that I haven't even run the Nautilus liblicense code in a while. If you want to get tricky, you can "git bisect" liblicense, finding the first revision that breaks the Nautilus support.

I'm not going to have much time to look into this over the next few days at least - I hope you can help....

-- Asheesh.

--
Another good night not to sleep in a eucalyptus tree.