cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] liblicense-0.8.1

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Sebastian Pipping <webmaster AT hartwork.org>
  • To: Asheesh Laroia <asheesh AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] liblicense-0.8.1
  • Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 04:05:18 +0100

Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> For me (on Ubuntu), it sure does give output. Have you tried killing
> nautilus on your system (you may already have a Nautilus process
> running) and starting a fresh one?
>
> I ran:
>
> paulproteus@vellum:~ $ killall nautilus
> paulproteus@vellum:~ $ strace -f nautilus 2>&1 | fgrep extensions | less

Good point, I didn't think of that. With that hint and the patch
removing <nautilus_file_info_get_vfs_file_info> from 0.4.3 applied
against nautilus-python-0.5.0 I was able to get a nautilus-python
example running.

> Still, I think that you should be able to move forward. I hope we can
> work through this!

I'm at a point now where the errors I get are coming from liblicense
related code, concrete I get

File "[..]/nautilus-liblicense.py", line 81, in get_property_pages

(without further details?). That line which reads

self.box = LicenseWidget(license)

It would be interesting what combination of versions is working well
together for you. I am playing with

nautilus 2.22.5.1
nautilus-python 0.5.0
liblicense 0.8.1
liblicense-gnome 0.4

here at the moment. Used ebuilds (except nautilus) are up here:

http://git.goodpoint.de/?p=overlay-sping.git;a=tree;f=gnome-extra;hb=HEAD
http://git.goodpoint.de/?p=overlay-sping.git;a=tree;f=media-libs;hb=HEAD

Sebastian