cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] liblicense-0.8.1

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Asheesh Laroia <asheesh AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Sebastian Pipping <webmaster AT hartwork.org>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] liblicense-0.8.1
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:09:08 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009, Sebastian Pipping wrote:

Asheesh Laroia wrote:
I created a wiki account but my permission do not suffice.
Great to find out Git can do externals.

You just have to confirm your email address and you can edit to your
heart's content.

Good point. Done.

Great!

I gave liblicense-gnome-0.4 a try. Emblem icons are now available but licensing dialogs seem missing. Are they in there, too?

Licensing dialogs, let me see...

That's gui_gtk.py. It's exposed in a file's properties pane in Nautilus, assuming the code still works, as per nautilus-liblicense.py, which you should have to squeeze into the Nautilus Python extensions directory.

I have tried <gnome-base/nautilus-2.22.5.1-r1> and
<media-libs/liblicense-0.8.1> with both

- 0.4.3
- 0.5.0

of <gnome-extra/nautilus-python>, neither seemed to work.
Also:

$ python src/nautilus-liblicense.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "src/nautilus-liblicense.py", line 22, in <module>
import nautilus
ImportError: No module named nautilus

Well, either (a) there's something with your package by which you installed the Nautilus Python extensions, or (b) I'm using an outdated way to call it.

Does your distribution ship examples or documentation for nautilus-python? (If not, the GNOME wiki might have some...?) If you find them, can you see if those examples work and/or if the docs indicate that we are using a current way to access Nautilus from Python?

Thanks for all your help with this!

-- Asheesh.

--
Your supervisor is thinking about you.