cc-devel - [cc-devel] [ cctools-Bugs-1459992 ] Installation Stalls with MySQL 3

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "SourceForge.net" <noreply AT sourceforge.net>
  • To: noreply AT sourceforge.net
  • Subject: [cc-devel] [ cctools-Bugs-1459992 ] Installation Stalls with MySQL 3
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:06:34 +0000

Bugs item #1459992, was opened at 2006-03-28 05:02
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by fourstones
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=559966&aid=1459992&group_id=80503

not just the latest update.
Category: cchost
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I'm very curous about ccHost, but it requires version 4
of MySQL and, alas, I run 3.23.58.

However, I noted that the installation script suggests
ccHost MIGHT run on other, recent versions of MySQL. I
tried to test this out, but the installation script
stalls at the point of creating MySQL tables, because
of a problem with NULL indexes (I didn't write the
exact error message down). I couldn't get beyond that.

If it would be of any interest, I'm willing to hack
around a bit and try to get ccHost running on a version
3 MySQL server, but I'd need to some guidance about
getting past this point in the ccHost installation script.

Regards,

Jeremy

Comment By: Jon Phillips (kidproto)