cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Questions about ccREL

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "Nathan Yergler" <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: "Keisuke Ai" <keai AT crypton.co.jp>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Questions about ccREL
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:34:07 -0700

Hi Keisuke --

I'm not aware of anyone who's modeled the licenses you mentioned using ccREL.

With respect to the other terms and conditions (such as a requirement
to document), I think the guideline I'd give is that if you can use
existing vocabulary, do so, and create your own if you need new
features. For example, ccREL includes the Derivative Works permission
and you could layer it with a new "Document Changes" requirement to
get the effect you asked about.

Nathan