cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Announcing liblicense 0.8 (important)

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Asheesh Laroia <asheesh AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Announcing liblicense 0.8 (important)
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 00:15:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008, Asheesh Laroia wrote:

Brown paper bag release: liblicense claims that the RDF predicate for a
file's license is http://creativecommons.org/ns#License rather than
http://creativecommons.org/ns#license. Only the latter is correct.

Any code compiled with liblicense between 0.6 and 0.7.1 (inclusive)
contains this mistake.

Now is a good time to discuss how you can help liblicense.

First of all, you might try it! Tell us what you think of its functionality and interface.

Secondly, you might integrate it into your application. I'm CC:ing Kees who said he was thinking of trying to hook it into Inkscape.

Finally, you can help us improve our test cases.

There are two ways to do this. First of all, fix the existing test suite so that it runs properly (with 0 tests failing) when the library is not installed system-wide. I think that there is some issue with module selection currently in that situation.

The other way is to extend the test suite: the current one doesn't cover all file types, and we would really do well to be able to say, "PDF support was first added to the automatic test suite on August 7 2008, and from then on every release passed those tests."

And now I will go to Argentina.

-- Asheesh.

--
Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.