cc-devel - [cc-devel] Announcing liblicense 0.8 (important)

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Asheesh Laroia <asheesh AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-devel] Announcing liblicense 0.8 (important)
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 17:47:55 -0700 (PDT)

Brown paper bag release: liblicense claims that the RDF predicate for a file's license is http://creativecommons.org/ns#License rather than http://creativecommons.org/ns#license. Only the latter is correct.

Any code compiled with liblicense between 0.6 and 0.7.1 (inclusive) contains this mistake.

This time I have audited the library for insanities like the one fixed here, and there are none. Great thanks to Nathan Yergler for spotting this. I took this chance to change ll_write() and ll_read() to *NOT* take NULL as a valid predicate; this makes the implementation simpler (and more correct).

Sadly, I have bumped the API and ABI numbers accordingly. It's available in SourceForge at http://sf.net/projects/cctools , and will be uploaded to Debian and Fedora shortly.

-- Asheesh.

--
Excellent day for putting Slinkies on an escalator.