cc-devel - [cc-devel] Enriching license RDF files with icon information

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Asheesh Laroia <asheesh AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-devel] Enriching license RDF files with icon information
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 20:19:37 -0700 (PDT)

In making the liblicense RDF files most useful to developers, one easy thing that occurred to me to do would be to store a link to the license buttons for that license.

That way, a user of liblicense, upon discovering that http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/us/ is a real license, could ask, "What is the small button that I show?" and get back a useful answer.

Is this totally moronic? If it is, can we provide it some other easy way?

I noticed we didn't provide this because liblicense-icons doesn't include the license buttons and then took a look at the RDF files.

-- Asheesh.

--
C for yourself.