cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] GSoC participation

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Asheesh Laroia <asheesh AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Leandro Reinaux <leoreinaux AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] GSoC participation
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 17:08:36 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008, Leandro Reinaux wrote:

Hello

I'm Leandro and I'm trying to participate in GSoC, any mentor can help me?

Sure - let the list know what help you need, and one of us CC developers will be in touch (also via the list).

Generally speaking, the Summer of Code projects are pretty self-driven - where "self" is you! That is, CC doesn't assign work to you, but instead you apply to the Summer of Code event (before the application deadline) with a specific project in mind. If we select your project application, then you'll be working with us.

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Summer_of_Code_2008 has some more information - have you read through that? Let us know if you need some more assistance. The kind of help we *really* want to give is:
If you have a project in mind, tell us and we'll help make sure it is a good fit for your skills and our needs; and also, if you have a fully-written project proposal, we'd love to read it and give you feedback before you submit its final form.

-- Asheesh.

--
One man tells a falsehood, a hundred repeat it as true.