cc-devel - [cc-devel] RFC: Moving the CC source repository

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "Nathan Yergler" <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-devel] RFC: Moving the CC source repository
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 11:47:22 -0700

Creative Commons has hosted our source repository at Sourceforge.net
for several years. Recently there's been an increase in the number of
outages and problems with the repository. At a tech team meeting this
morning we discussed the possibility of moving the source repository
from sourceforge to a CC server. Note that we're only dealing with
the source repository at this point; bug tracking, etc will remain at
Sourceforge.

The proposed plan is:

* configure Subversion and ViewVC on a CC server, along with the
post-commit hook for sending notifications to the checkins list
* remove write access to the Sourceforge repository for all users
* replicate the repository from Sourceforge

Actual down time should be quite limited, however people working from
checkouts will need to do an 'svn switch --relocate' to use the new
server. This is a request for objections or concerns about such a
plan. If we don't hear any by Friday, March 21, we'll plan to make
the move early next week.

Thanks,

Nathan