cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] wpLicense in Wordpress 2.3.2

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Asheesh Laroia <asheesh AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Schalk Neethling <schalk AT alliedbridge.com>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] wpLicense in Wordpress 2.3.2
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 17:19:00 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 5 Jan 2008, Schalk Neethling wrote:

Greetings everyone,

I am unable top get the wpLicense Wordpress plugin to function on my
blogs. I have tried the standard way of simply selecting the type of
license under the options menu and ticking the box to include it in the
standard footer as well as, using the special function
licenseHtml($display=True).

I am using verion 0.9 of wpLicense. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sorry about the delay in my reply. When you say it doesn't "function", what does it do instead?

Also, I think you need JavaScript enabled to use current versions of WpLicense. You can test this by going to maps.google.com and entering your address and scrolling around; if you can move the map by clicking and dragging, then JavaScript is working properly. (If not, do let me know.)

Back to your WordPress setup: Does WpLicense show up as an option in the plugins page? Is it enabled there?

Under "Options" is there a "Content license" tab? If so, have you changed the radio button from "No license" to "Creative Commons"? Do you see a license chooser? What happens when you choose a license?

Sorry you're having trouble, and I hope we can resolve this.

-- Asheesh.

--
"He was a modest, good-humored boy. It was Oxford that made him
insufferable."