cc-devel - [cc-devel] jsWidget places for integration? Applications? Platforms?

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Jon Phillips <jon AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: "cc-community AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-community AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-devel] jsWidget places for integration? Applications? Platforms?
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 13:32:44 -0700

Hey all, Nathan and Asheesh from CC in SF have been developing a nice
drop-in javascript-based widget called jsWidget, targeted at projects
like blogger, typepad, and wordpress to all integrate...the hope is to
make CC licensing super easy and for it to fit in with the web widget
trend...drop-in-simple (DiS)...

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/JsWidget

Example:
http://labs.creativecommons.org/jswidget/tags/0.9/example_web_app/

What I'm hopeful of, is that you all lovely CC people will have some
ideas of other projects and businesses that I should talk to directly
about integrating this brilliant piece of cc technology that Asheesh has
breathed life into.

Anyway, this is open to anyone, please do reply here if there are some
parties to approach about this, in education, science, worldwide, etc,
that we should talk with...

Man, I'm going to try and do this more often...we don't have discussions
on this list anymore :) I think iCommons and other projects have taken a
bite out of our discussions here ;) All is well :)

Cheers!

Jon

--
Jon Phillips
jon AT creativecommons.org

Community/Business Developer
Creative Commons
www.creativecommons.org

Please note: the contents of this email are not intended to be
legal advice nor should they be relied upon as or represented to be
legal advice. Creative Commons cannot and does not give legal advice.
You need to assess the suitability of Creative Commons' tools for
your particular situation, which may include obtaining appropriate
legal advice from a licensed attorney.

  • [cc-devel] jsWidget places for integration? Applications? Platforms?, Jon Phillips, 08/15/2007