cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] liblicense 0.2

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Jon Phillips <jon AT rejon.org>
  • To: Scott Shawcroft <scott.shawcroft AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] liblicense 0.2
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 16:53:00 -0700

On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 16:34 -0700, Scott Shawcroft wrote:
> Its here. We just released our first version of liblicense. Its pretty
> basic but should demonstrate what it'll do. With the next version, 0.3,
> we'll clean up things we've spotted already and also things that we'll
> discover while we build some apps on top of it. Minimally, 0.2 has a
> command line program, license, which can be used to get, set and list
> licenses. We'd love feedback on the code itself and its greater role in
> the desktop.
>
> The source files are available on sourceforge
> <https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=80503&package_id=238700>,
> https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=80503&package_id=238700.

This is amazing! This is an idea we have been working on for so long and
you guys have rocked it out!

Also, everyone should check out the project page for more background on
the project, where you can jump in and help out :)

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Liblicense

Patches welcome! And, with all cc development projects, submit 1 solid
patch and then we will give you access to be a committer :)

Cheers!

Jon

--
Jon Phillips