cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Proposal Planning - OO.o Plugin

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: "Cassio Melo" <cassio.ufpe AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Proposal Planning - OO.o Plugin
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 20:09:11 -0400

On 3/24/07, Cassio Melo <cassio.ufpe AT gmail.com> wrote:
Could you give your suggestions about this part of the proposal? It's a
(little) scratch of what I'm planning to do in this project. Some works were
done and I intend to work on them.

I just skimmed it (traveling this weekend) but looks like a good
start; I look forward to reading the full proposal.

NRY

--
I will use webservices to retrieve licensing information from CC licensing
engine (through REST interface) and mount the interface. It can be

Possible additional contributions (time permitting):
- Make license text available as Auto Text;
- Display license information when opening CC licensed documents;

Once plugged, the license-selection software will appear as a menu option
in the OpenOffice application. It will generate a Creative Commons logo, a
short summary of the license chosen, and a hyperlink to the Creative Commons
Web site.

The project goals, desirability for the add-in, its plan have been discussed
on the CC-devel mailing list and ccWiki, where they received support from CC
maintainers.

Most likely implementing all the features will be possible after the end of
Summer of Code and I'm commiting to perform it then.

--
I'll send the full proposal for review soon!

PS.: Yes, I'll review the english =)

Best regards,
Cassio
--