cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Improved Python wrapper library

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Paul Scott <pscott AT uwc.ac.za>
  • To: "Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Improved Python wrapper library
  • Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 07:04:16 +0200

On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 14:58 -0500, Nathan R. Yergler wrote:
> There's not even a Python implementation of the code described by that
> document; it's purely vapor at this point. That said, a PHP
> implementation would be great. I don't have the PHP skillz to say if
> this is the right sort of API for PHP. I tried to make it "Pythonic"
> so it'd be natural to use in all of our existing Python projects.

OK, no worries. I can work the PHP around just about any style of API.
It wouldn't be the first time that I have adapted a Python project to
PHP! :)

> Do you know what sort of testing support PHP has? One thing I really
> want for the Python version is a full test suite (hence writing the
> docs/tests first). I think that'd probably be desirable for a PHP
> implementation, too.

PHP5 has decent support for Unit tests and automatic API doc generation
etc. It is a little difficult to get going, but I do already have a test
server for PHP that runs automated testing for me. It would just mean
adding an additional test suite to that.

--Paul

All Email originating from UWC is covered by disclaimer
http://www.uwc.ac.za/portal/uwc2006/content/mail_disclaimer/index.htm