cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Experience with SVK?

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Asheesh Laroia <asheesh AT asheesh.org>
  • To: "Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Experience with SVK?
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 12:57:40 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007, Nathan R. Yergler wrote:

Sourceforge's subversion servers are once again inaccessible, this time due to a DDOS attack. Does anyone have experience with using SVK for mirroring an SVN repository locally and doing disconnected operations, with periodic syncs to the trunk? In particular I'm curious if SVK adequately supports the following sort of workflow:

Nathan, this is exactly what I do (details snipped). It works great. I haven't had any conflicts, since I was lucky or something, but I'm sure it does the merging at least (and probably exactly) as well as svn does.

-- Asheesh.

--
There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.
-- Mark Twain