cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] MozCC 2.3.9 Available for Testing

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Luke Hoersten <luke.hoersten AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: CC Developer Mailing List <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] MozCC 2.3.9 Available for Testing
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 14:20:55 -0500

Luke Hoersten wrote:
I've stopped using FF 2 completely because its so slow on Linux. I
have the same problems you are describing, Luis, but with all plugins
and FF, not just mozcc. Perhaps this problem is with FF's plugin
interface.

I doubt it. Even if I weren't predisposed to doubt it, it wouldn't fit with Luis's experience of degraded performance between versions of MozCC: it'd be a consistent (or probably at least linear) degradation regardless of which extensions or versions you had installed. Instead it seems more likely that we've changed something that exercises the browser in a different way.

Hrm, that's an idea, actually... most of the changes in this update happened in the RDFa module. You can download a build with RDFa disabled at http://mirrors.creativecommons.org/software/mozcc/download/mozcc-2.3.9.1-nordfa.xpi. I'd be interested in hearing if that fixes the performance problems for anyone experiencing them.

Thanks,

Nathan

-Luke