cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Comments on the new license selection UI

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Ka-Ping Yee <creativecommons AT zesty.ca>
  • To: Jon Phillips <jon AT rejon.org>
  • Cc: CC Developer Mailing List <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Comments on the new license selection UI
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:59:40 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, Jon Phillips wrote:
> Hello, please file any feature requests and bugs at our tracking site:
> http://sf.net/projects/cctools
>
> We have been receiving many, so what to make sure they are properly
> tracked. Also, the code is available (since these are just web-based
> systems and you can grab it from our SVN module (cclabs) or from the web
> and contribute patches.

I really do want to help, but i'm going to need a little more guidance.

I have to say that it seems a bit difficult to contribute: so far i've
submitted these comments three times -- once in response to Lessig's
announcement of the new license selection UI, once in e-mail to
labs AT creativecommons.org as your webpage suggests, and once by signing
up for the cc-devel list, confirming my subscription, and then posting
on the list, also as your webpage suggests.

Now you're asking me to submit these comments a fourth time. I'm willing
to do that, but i don't know which of the dozen or so categories this
tool belongs to. And because the SourceForge site doesn't show any
package descriptions, i don't know which package i'd have to download
to see the code for the new license selection UI.

Sorry to complain at you -- i'm just hoping this feedback will make you
aware that providing a couple of tips (or making a few little edits
to your SF pages) will make it a lot easier for your community of
interested folks to contribute to your effort.

So... when can we get around to actually talking about the substance
of these suggestions? I thought this was a discussion list, so i was
hoping to talk about them here.

-- ?!ng