cc-devel - [cc-devel] Retrieving other licenses and license icons from the api

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Guy Hachlili <hguy AT cogniview.com>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-devel] Retrieving other licenses and license icons from the api
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 13:04:08 +0300

Hi.

We at Cogniview have been working on an Acrobat plugin that will allow adding
CC licenses to PDF documents using a wizard.

In order to provide a better user experience, we'd like to be able to
retrieve the license XMP information for the Developing Nations license, and
the icons used to indicate the license type (for example, the Attribution
icon or the No-Derivative icon). We cannot find a way to retrieve the
locations of the icons or the non-regular-CC license XMP (like the Developing
Nations or Sampling licenses) from the web-services API.

Is it possible? If not, is there a plan to add support for such queries?

Regards,
Guy