cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] SoC progress report

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "Victor Stone" <fourstones.net AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Jon Phillips" <jon AT rejon.org>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] SoC progress report
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 00:47:20 -0700

On 8/10/06, Jon Phillips <jon AT rejon.org> wrote:
Our Summer of Code students have until Aug 21st to complete their task.
I think it would be great to extend the API for uploads, however, Bruno,
I'm not sure if you have time.

then it's probably mute from a pratical standpoint.

VS, what would you propose as the API extensions? (...goes to check the
flickr api which has uploads)...

a url that takes form encoded POST data (including the user and
password) with the file content in a mime boundry, etc. you know, http
stuff.

I'm not familiar with pythons http lib so I don't know how efficient
that is, I know that the PHP Snoopy lib that we use would read the
*entire* file into memory before writing into the socket which may
just work in most cases but hurts my old fashioned sensibilities.

VS