cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] translate.creativecommons.org

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Asheesh Laroia <asheesh AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: "Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] translate.creativecommons.org
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:09:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, Nathan R. Yergler wrote:

At this time I'm pleased to announce that
http://translate.creativecommons.org is live and open for business.
I've moved the ccPublisher translations I have available onto the site,
and ccHost translations will be available there as well. Some
documentation on how we're using Pootle is available in our wiki at
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Translating_CC_Tools.

Have you considered using Mark Shuttleworth's Rosetta system at launchpad.net? That's what he's using for Ubuntu, and I understand that Rosetta is supposed to be very good and well-maintained. They have a lot of plans for that project, so CC could benefit from the effort Canonical, Inc., plans to put into that.

-- Asheesh.

--
If redness or swelling develop, consult physician promptly.