cc-devel - [cc-devel] translate.creativecommons.org

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cctools-i18n AT lists.berlios.de, "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-devel] translate.creativecommons.org
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:04:51 -0400

During the iSummit last weekend in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, I had the
opportunity to sit down with Dwayne Bailey from the WordForge project
(http://translate.sourceforge.net). We discussed the tools used to
translate Creative Commons software and he assisted me in installing the
server-based tool Pootle (http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/pootle)
on our servers.

At this time I'm pleased to announce that
http://translate.creativecommons.org is live and open for business.
I've moved the ccPublisher translations I have available onto the site,
and ccHost translations will be available there as well. Some
documentation on how we're using Pootle is available in our wiki at
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Translating_CC_Tools.

If you have questions about using Pootle, about translation in general
or would like to import a translation-in-progress into Pootle, email the
cctools-i18n (http://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/cctools-i18n) list.

--
Nathan R. Yergler
Software Engineer