cc-devel - [cc-devel] CC Web Services Updated

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT yergler.net>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: cctools-announce AT lists.sourceforge.net
  • Subject: [cc-devel] CC Web Services Updated
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:44:20 -0500

The Creative Commons web services have been updated to support localization. This change allows all the web service methods to return interface text in any of the locales support by the primary CC license engine (http://creativecommons.org/license). Updated documentation describing these changes is available at http:// api.creativecommons.org/docs/readme_dev.html. Note that in some cases localized text is not yet available; in those cases, English will be returned. We will be working to localize the remaining strings in the near future.

This version of the web services is slated to become the 1.5 stable version, at which point the API will be frozen in order to support production applications. Please report problems, errors or suggestions to the cc-devel list or to me directly.

Nathan R. Yergler
Software Engineer
Creative Commons

  • [cc-devel] CC Web Services Updated, Nathan R. Yergler, 08/12/2005