cc-ca - [Cc-ca] Fwd: info about Ottawa Crossing the Line event

cc-ca AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Canada

  • From: Julien Lamarche <julien AT jlam.flora.ca>
  • To: cc-ca AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-ca] Fwd: info about Ottawa Crossing the Line event
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 21:14:33 -0500

Council of Canadians is organizing a series of panels for their
"Citizens' Inquiry on Canada-U.S. Relations".
http://tinyurl.com/5z4ha

Their last one, occuring in Ottawa, is about media & culture.
http://tinyurl.com/59ttt
Times are not on the web site but are included in the fowarded e-mail
below.

They despratley need a perspective from the CC community. I am
enquiring them right now if it is too late for additional speakers to
come between 9 and 4 pm.

Anyone from the Ottawa cc-ca community interested in going, either to
the panel or the discussion?

On the web page for that panel (http://tinyurl.com/59ttt):
"The large Canadian telecommunications, cable, and satellite companies
are hungry for investment dollars. They?re pressuring the feds to relax
the rules so that foreign corporations can own more than 50% of their
stock. They also want to be able to sell their companies to the highest
bidder, regardless of where they?re located. Thus far, the free traders
at Industry Canada seem to think this is a good idea,
#*#*#* while the cultural protectionists at Canadian Heritage #*#*#
are adamantly opposed. "

À prochaine,

Julien