cc-au - [cc-au] another question

cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: "Timothy Cotsford" <tcotsford AT acpe.edu.au>
  • To: <cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-au] another question
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 09:50:01 +1100

Dear colleagues,

Can anyone help with a query?

With regard to internet based articles (with a copyright symbol or
otherwise), I was led to believe that copying the standard 10% (with the
appropriate acknowledgement) is fair dealing. Someone else told me that this
wasn't true and that NO part of an internet article can be copied without
prior consent.
(Someone else told me that anything posted to the internet is 'fair game',
and if you don't want it copied in any way, don't put it online, but I
digress).

Any opinions?

Cheers
(oh, and Happy Xmas)

Tim

Tim Cotsford
Information Services Librarian

ACPE (The Australian College of Physical Education)
8 Figtree Drive
Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127

Main Switch: 02  80612777
Direct: 02  8061 2767
Fax: 02  8061 2788

Email: tcotsford AT acpe.edu.au
Website: www.acpe.edu.au

CRICOS Provider Number 01822J
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may contain
legally privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not read, copy, distribute or
act in reliance on it.
If you have received this message in error please forward this e-mail to
postmaster AT acpe.edu.au
and delete all copies of this message. Virus scanning is recommended and is
the responsibility of the recipient.

For College information please visit http://www.acpe.edu.au (CRICOS Provider
01822J)

This e-mail message has been scanned by the MessageLabs Outbound Email
Security System.