cc-au - Re: [cc-au] CC non-commercial survey - last days

cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Jessica Coates <j2.coates AT qut.edu.au>
  • To: Jessica Coates <j2.coates AT qut.edu.au>, "cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "asia-commons AT googlegroups.com" <asia-commons AT googlegroups.com>, "wikimediaau-l AT lists.wikimedia.org" <wikimediaau-l AT lists.wikimedia.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-au] CC non-commercial survey - last days
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 10:52:33 +1000

And now with the correct URL: http://ur1.ca/y41

Jessica Coates
Project Manager
Creative Commons Clinic
Queensland University of Technology

ph: 07 3138 8301
fax: 07 3138 9395
email: j2.coates AT qut.edu.au

From: Jessica Coates
Sent: Thursday, 11 December 2008 10:14 AM
To: 'cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org'; asia-commons AT googlegroups.com; 'wikimediaau-l AT lists.wikimedia.org'
Subject: CC non-commercial survey - last days

All those who have been meaning to do the Creative Commons Non-commercial survey, but just haven’t got around to it yet - you’d better get your skates on, cause it closes Sunday.

For those who haven’t heard, the survey is being conducted by CC to try to improve the understanding of what people think is a ‘non-commercial’ use.

The non-commercial clause of the CC licence is both very popular and very controversial - some people criticise it as ‘uncertain’, while others feel that material restricted to non-commercial use only isn’t ‘free’. So we’re trying to clarify the situation.

Takes about 15-25 minutes to answer, and has some complicated questions, so it isn’t easy. But it is your chance to have your say in the of CC, and the internet as a whole. Sounds worthwhile to me.