cc-au - Re: [cc-au] Cancel with ASCAP

cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: andrew garton <ag AT apc.org.au>
  • To: cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-au] Cancel with ASCAP
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 01:26:48 +0100

Honestly, Jamison... I am really trying to understand what your concerns
are and the rights issues that you raise. I have my own concerns with
"the industry", but unlike you, I play any where I want to, any songs or
compositions of mine I choose, whether they are listed with APRA, Warner
Bros (very few and quite old now) or under CC...

I am a staunch advocate for the rights of artists and have held
seminars, spoken at conferences and lobbied... but I have never
encountered the kind of problems you have faced.

I don't understand what the gripe is with CC... I can understand
concerns with EMI or ASCAP for that matter, but CC? I can't see anyone
at any CC jurisdiction profiting from our music... enlighten us. All for
being informed ^_^

-ag.

--

andrew garton

+ http://agarton.org/
+ http://apc.org.au/
+ http://secession-records.org/
Tel. +43 (0) 680 2139551 (Austria)

  • Re: [cc-au] Cancel with ASCAP, andrew garton, 11/15/2008