cc-au - Re: [cc-au] Qld govt geospatial data CC release?

cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Steve Olive <steve AT bathurstcomputers.com.au>
  • To: cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-au] Qld govt geospatial data CC release?
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 12:47:02 +1100

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 12:45:46 am Brianna Laugher wrote:
> Hello,
>
> At LCA (linux.conf.au) this week I went to a discussion about FOSS and
> geospatial tools. It is something I am tangentially interested in so I
> don't know a great deal about it.
>
> It was mentioned almost in passing that the Queensland government is
> going to (or has??) release a bunch of geospatial data under "all
> Creative Commons licenses" (I have some doubts on this point since it
> seems a little overkill, surely CC-BY is enough for maximum reuse?).
>
> Anyway the relevant department seems to be
> <http://www.qsic.qld.gov.au/QSIC/QSIC.nsf/>. Lacking the patience to
> decode governmentspeak I was hoping someone might be able to point to
> me to any document like a licensing policy or a press release. Seems
> like a big deal??! If it has happened then I guess it would also be
> worth mentioning on cc.org.au ?
>
> ... which makes me think it hasn't happened yet...
>
> Insight welcome, please :)
>
> cheers,
> Brianna

Hi Brianna,
It is part of the Queensland Goverment Information Licensing Framework which
covers all information, not just spatial imagery. It appears they are at
Stage 3 and all information is available online:

http://www.qsic.qld.gov.au/qsic/QSIC.nsf/CPByUNID/6C31063F945CD93B4A257096000CBA1A

This means there is a bit to go before anyone can access the data.

--
Regards,

Steve
Bathurst Computer Solutions
e-mail: steve AT bathurstcomputers.com.au
Mobile: 0407 224 251
.... _
... (0)>
... / / \