cc-au - [cc-au] Qld govt geospatial data CC release?

cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: "Brianna Laugher" <brianna.laugher AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-au] Qld govt geospatial data CC release?
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 00:45:46 +1100

Hello,

At LCA (linux.conf.au) this week I went to a discussion about FOSS and
geospatial tools. It is something I am tangentially interested in so I
don't know a great deal about it.

It was mentioned almost in passing that the Queensland government is
going to (or has??) release a bunch of geospatial data under "all
Creative Commons licenses" (I have some doubts on this point since it
seems a little overkill, surely CC-BY is enough for maximum reuse?).

Anyway the relevant department seems to be
<http://www.qsic.qld.gov.au/QSIC/QSIC.nsf/>. Lacking the patience to
decode governmentspeak I was hoping someone might be able to point to
me to any document like a licensing policy or a press release. Seems
like a big deal??! If it has happened then I guess it would also be
worth mentioning on cc.org.au ?

... which makes me think it hasn't happened yet...

Insight welcome, please :)

cheers,
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/