baslinux - [BL] Can't get network working with BasicLinux on Qemu

  • From: Devid Farinelli <devid.farinelli AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Can't get network working with BasicLinux on Qemu
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 23:19:43 +0000

Hi all,

My name is Devid and I'm a CS student in Bologna(IT). For a public presentation, I would like to emulate an OS on a raspberry pi using Qemu. For this reason, I've found BasicLinux that boots amazingly fast (20s) compared to many others (e.s. tinycorelinux that takes 7minutes ).

The main problem is that when I boot BasicLinux on Qemu (on Raspbian/MacOS/Ubuntu) I am not able to get a working network interface.

I usually start qemu with this command that works perfectly with TinyCore
qemu-system-i386 -hda Bl3-5qemu.img -m 256
but when I do an "ifconfig -a" it only shows me "lo" and "dummy"
I've also tried with -net nic,macaddr=52:54:00:00:00:02 without success

I am very new to BasicLinux and Qemu, so I apologize if this is a trivial question.
Any tip or guidance on what to try is welcome.

Best Regards
Devid