baslinux - Re: [BL] BasLinux Digest, Vol 118, Issue 3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: "baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org" <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BasLinux Digest, Vol 118, Issue 3
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 03:10:29 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014, Andriy Romanenko wrote:

Eventually I will figure out how to use the 2.6 kernel and modules.

Hello, what the advantages of using newer kernel? BL is used with low RAM
machines. What minimum RAM requirements would be for 2.4 and 2.6?

I would like to use modules compiled for 2.6 kernel, which are not available for older kernels, with newer hardware such as wireless cards.

The kernel itself does not use much memory.

Sindi Keesan