baslinux - Re: [BL] BasLinux Digest, Vol 118, Issue 3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BasLinux Digest, Vol 118, Issue 3
  • Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 20:50:49 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 22 Feb 2014, TLMaiden AT aol.com wrote:

Guess I will answer my own question. Its the bzimage for Slackware 7.1.

bzimage.big is BL3 image (2.2.26 kernel) compiled with all the options.

What is the correct bzimage or bzimage.big for bl2?

bl2 comes with kernel 2.2.16 from Slackware 7.1.

I compiled a bunch of 2.4.31 kernels for use with either BL,
along with modules, posted at http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl
http://keesan.freeshell.org/blfiles.htm lists info about them.

For laptops made since about 1997 I use bzimlafb.431 - with vesafb framebuffer.

Framebuffer with fbcon and associated modules gives more lines on a page in good lookingg text, in terminal, also mplayer -vo fbdev without x11.

As I posted recently, you can also borrow 2.4 kernels and modules from another linux (they should be used as a set - same kernel number is not enough).

Eventually I will figure out how to use the 2.6 kernel and modules.

Sindi Keesan